There are specific Best Practice standards the primary injury management team can implement to meet and surpass national standards. Briefly these standards are:
- Implement a proactive post-injury response procedure.
- Develop a communication program.
- Bring labor unions on-board.
- Adopt a corporate-wide transitional duty program.
- Teach workers’ compensation concepts to management highlighting cost savings.
- Know the key indicators of malingering, fraud, and abuse.
- Provide injured workers with all necessary forms.
- Obtain appropriate medical help for the injured employee.
- Train subordinates on rights and responsibilities in workers’ compensation.
- Know about and complete all forms concerning the worker’s accident.
- Know the roles and responsibilities of employees, supervisors, and providers.
- Track and report lost workdays monthly to management.
- Ask: Does claim volume require dedicated staff to handle and implement claims?
- Attend association seminars to learn about other workers’ compensation solutions.
For more information about this chapter, see the Table of Contents
To order our guidebook, click the button that meets your needs:
For more information about our workers comp cost-reduction book, contact us.